So Cormac and I haven’t posted any new photo sets recently as we’ve both been pretty busy. Not only that, but Cormac has just moved to Brazil for a few months! Jealous. Hopefully we can revel in some gorgeous seaside and landscape photos and pretend we’re there. In the meantime, I’m going to be working with a guest photographer, soon to be revealed, and I can continue to update on my outfit choices du jour.
I’m currently in Sao Paulo, working out here on various shoots. It’s a bit of a culture shift, which is great and will hopefully make for some interesting and different images. The weather is amazing, which is not just great for my mood… it also provides perfect lighting conditions.
I’ll be posting photos from the shoots as I go along.
As usual Alexander McQueen deserves an entire post devoted to the collection. Sarah Burton once again astounded with the concept of shape organically growing and then ‘exploding’ (in a mass of feathers). Incredible. Two other collections I am particularly in love with are Balmain with the Faberge egg embellishment and Isabel Marant’s cowgirl looks!
L-R: Mugler; Balmain
L-R: Isabel Marant; Sacai
L-R: Loewe; Alexander McQueen
My notes for A/W ’12:
- Goth chic at Guy Laroche, Ann Demeulemeester, Gareth Pugh (quelle surprise), Andrew Gn, Givenchy, and Nicolas Andreas Taralis.
- Americana at Isabel Marant with cowgirl shirts and embroidery, lace, and Navajo detailing. Think I’m only going to get away with wearing an entire look while I’m visiting the family in Texas though…
- Potential new hair trend at Jean Paul Gaultier – reversing the previous penchant for dip dyed ends and adding coloured roots to the models hair.
- Full on leather looks at TRIAS, Valentino & YSL. Amazing laser cut leather at Loewe.
- Trends for A/W ’12: goth/vampire chic, military, baroque patterns, obscenely oversized minimalism (especially coats).
I was invited to an event on Thursday night at Uniqlo’s flagship store to celebrate the launch of their collection in collaboration with Laura Ashley. It actually came out last week, and is half sold out already! You can check it out/buy here. In keeping with the vintage floral theme, they held a tea party in the store! It was adorable, with floral bunting hanging from the ceiling, dj-ing from Gizzi Erskine (I thought she was just a chef but hey!), cocktails in tea cups and mini sandwiches and cupcakes. Not to mention the lovely dressed waitresses!
Going crazy for florals!
Me (& a sneaky bag of purchases)